A few bugs in the way the count of pool sizes are calculated have been discovered over the last few weeks. I’ve just got off the metaphorical phone with Rich and am pleased to say that those bugs are gone, as well as some other bugs and changes I’ve been wanting for a while.
- The pool size query was not excluding the same games as the achievement selection query, notably games that had a status of “Unable to Play”, “Loaned out”, and probably others were not being excluded.
- Title Updates were being counted in the pool when they shouldn’t.
- Achievements unlocked offline were counting as valid unlocks for the contest.
- The pool and selection query now use the same criteria – which is actually based off the same criteria that TA uses internally for it’s other contests – with the addition of excluding games with a status of Done With (which is specific to our contest).
- Title Updates are now excluded as they should be.
- Offline achievements will no longer count.
Note: Nothing changes as far as your game collections go. Only “Owned” or “Games with Gold” games that have a status that is NOT “Done With” will be selected from.
I took the opportunity to request one other change to the pool selection criteria, and this was to only select from Xbox 360 and Xbox One games. We’d been considering this for a while, and we actually have a special re-roll provision for Windows and Windows Phone achievements. Sorry all you Windows gaming enthusiasts but they are more trouble than they’re worth for the contest I’m afraid.
Please take the time to check your pool size on the main leaderboard and ensure you have enough in your pool, otherwise you may risk some delays getting a new list next month.