ACTIVE - Freamwhole's Completion Challenge 2019

Here is the list for 2019 - you have all year to complete this list. You need one completion (including DLC) for each category listed below. Games may only be used once - so you’ll need at least 30 completions in 2019 to complete this list.

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16)
  4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version.
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title.
  7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth
  8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance)
  9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)
  10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).
  11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell
  12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part.
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count)
  15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system.
  16. Backwards Compatibility IV - Complete a backwards compatible game.
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character.
  18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon)
  19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title.
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.)
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game.
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title.
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”)
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count)
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title.
  27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.
  28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced.
  29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game.

With the Countdown to New Years sale around the corner and gift cards burning a hole in your pocket - here is my early Xmas gift.

And what I anticipate are tons of clarifying questions, so bring them on.

Fantastic! I love this challenge :heart_eyes:

Plan:

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female
    Contrast, Eventide: Slavic Fable, Life is Strange, Syberia 3

2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title
    Fable Anniversary, Forza Motorsport 3

5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version

6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title
    Goosebumps: The Game, What Remains of Edith Finch

7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth

8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance)
    Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)

10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).

11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell
    Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part.
    Planet of the Eyes

13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title

14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel
    The Gardens Between

15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system.

17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character.

18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon)
    Decay - The Mare

19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)
    Assassin’s Creed Unity

20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title.

21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.)

22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any other ACA or NEOGEO game (non-Hamster).

23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title.

24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”)

25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long
    RiME

26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title.

27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.

28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced.

29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.

30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game.

7/30

Num Category Description Game
1 Girl Power Complete a game where a main playable character is female Assassin’s Creed Bayou
2 Enough With The Zombies Complete a game that contains zombies Zombie Army Trilogy
3 Dropping A Deuce Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16) Cars 2
4 I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title Ashen
5 I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality Complete a game that has a VR Port or version. Super Hot
6 Ornithology 101 Complete a game with a bird in the title. What Remains of Edith Finch
7 Mother Gaia Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth
8 Historical Context Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance) Assassin’s Creed
9 More Recent History Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)
10 Now You Are Just Making Things Up Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).
11 Devil Made Me Do It Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell Devil May Cry
12 The Leg Bone’s Connected To The Complete a game that contains a body part. Headlander
13 Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title Override: Mech CIty Brawl
14 Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count) Doodle Something
15 Hack The Planet Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system. Hydrophobia
16 Backwards Compatibility IV Complete a backwards compatible game. Braid
17 Self Gratifying Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character. Rayman Origins
18 Punctual Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon) #Wargames
19 That’s A Grind Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time) Idle Champions
20 It’s Shorter This Way Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title. HD/CSI
21 The Hand You Were Dealt Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) Hand of Fate
22 Hamster Wheel Of Games Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game. Ms. Pacman
23 Y So Serious Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title. Enslaved Odyssey to the West
24 It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) Big Crown Showdown
25 Short And Sweet Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) Fe
26 Of Course! Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title. Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas
27 Prime Community Game Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.
28 Enhanced Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced.
29 Don’t Repeat This Letter Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.
30 Dealer’s Choice Complete any game

Xbox Exclusive means Console only or is a Play Anywhere exclusive OK?

Bring it on, looks more challenging!

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female - Life is Strange: Before The Storm
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies - The Walking Dead: Michonne (Win 10)
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16) - Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown
  4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title - Jump, Step, Step
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version. - Transference
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title. - What Remains of Edith Finch
  7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth - The Walking Dead (Win 10)
  9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000) - Metropolis: Lux Obscura (1983, advertising poster of original Evil Dead movie, super cool nod to a spectacular movie!)
  10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond). - Planet RIX-13
  12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part. - Iron Snout
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title - Valley
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count) - Daggerhood
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character. - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon) - Letter Quest: Grimm’s Journey Remastered
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title. - Don’t Sink
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) - Doodle God: Crime City
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game.
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title. - Energy Cycle Edge
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) - Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) - Storm Boy
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title. - Rock of Ages
  28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced. - PixARK
  29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list. - Asemblance
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game. - The Walking Dead: Season Two (Win 10)

I initially had “console” exclusive in the title, but realized that really limits it to old XBLA games and Kinect based titles. With some other exceptions.

I take it to be that it does not appear on any other console.

That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)

This would mean the sum of base game plus any DLC’s and TU’s completion time estimates?
And I guess after summing you would get a range (e.g. 48-54 hours). So would the minimum or maximum in the range have to be >= 50

The median would be 50 + hrs.

I assume Hamster Wheel of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title won’t be extended to NEOGEO games published by SNK. You want strictly Hamster published games. I love your completion challenge, but I’m proud to not have an ACA NEOGEO series game on my tag yet. As this is likely the case, I will only go for a 29 game completion. Not like any of it matters.

For you, @Kingsman_2625 - I’ll make an exception.

I feel you Kingsman. I don’t have any ACA NEOGEO games, as they aren’t really my thing. I might have to shoot for just 29 as well.

My first (of probably many) questions: Does Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice work for number 5? I initially read it as a VR game ported to Xbox, but now I think it actually means an Xbox game ported to VR. Am I correct?

@Kingsman_2625 @Freamwhole
This funny because I am in the same boat. In fact I created this leaderboard last week (Sign up!)
https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=7895

Perhaps Fream could change the requirements to just be any game with “ACA” or “NEO” in the title. :grin:

I can’t sign up, because I’ll play those games, but that would be a good compromise.

Thanks for making an exception for us ACA snobs :joy:

Not everyone may be aware that IronFistofSnuff is running a year long completion challenge over on TA. And you get a bonus if you complete Freamwhole’s challenge. Might as well do both, eh?

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamerblogcomment.aspx?gamerblogid=77117

Time to make a plan:

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female - Celeste
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies - Dead Ahead: Zombie Warfare Z
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16) - The Evil Within 2
  4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title - Doodle God: Crime City
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version. - Transference
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title. - Owlboy
  7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth - Far Cry 4
  8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance) - AC Origins
  9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000) - LA Noire
  10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond). - SOMA
  11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell - Gat out of Hell
  12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part. - Oh My Godheads
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title -Black Mirror
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count) - The Gardens Between
  15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system. - Agents of Mayhem
  16. Backwards Compatibility IV - Complete a backwards compatible game. - Gunstar
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character. - Tesla vs Lovecraft
  18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon) - Jeopardy!
  19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time) - Sword Coast Legends
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title. - WWE 2K19
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) - Flipping Death
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game. - ACA NEOGEO WORLD HEROES
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title. - Energy Cycle Edge
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) - Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) - MechaNika
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title. - South Park: The Stick of Truth
  27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players. - The Jackbox Party Pack 5
  28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced. - Donut County
  29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list. - Human Fall Flat
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game. - Agents vs Villain
    10/30

For Don’t Repeat This Letter, are we counting articles? I.e. Is The Assembly a T or an A?

I think he wants us to finish diablo and get the band back together…