ACTIVE - Freamwhole's Completion Challenge 2019

Here is the list for 2019 - you have all year to complete this list. You need one completion (including DLC) for each category listed below. Games may only be used once - so you’ll need at least 30 completions in 2019 to complete this list.

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16)
  4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version.
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title.
  7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth
  8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance)
  9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)
  10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).
  11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell
  12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part.
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count)
  15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system.
  16. Backwards Compatibility IV - Complete a backwards compatible game.
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character.
  18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon)
  19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title.
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.)
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game.
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title.
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”)
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count)
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title.
  27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.
  28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced.
  29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game.

With the Countdown to New Years sale around the corner and gift cards burning a hole in your pocket - here is my early Xmas gift.

And what I anticipate are tons of clarifying questions, so bring them on.

Fantastic! I love this challenge :heart_eyes:

Plan:

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female
    Contrast, Eventide: Slavic Fable, Life is Strange, Syberia 3

2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Fable Anniversary, Forza Motorsport 3

5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version

6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title
    Goosebumps: The Game, What Remains of Edith Finch

8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance)
    Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)

10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).

11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell
    Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part.

13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title

14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel
    The Gardens Between

15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system.

17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character.

18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon)

19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)

20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title.

21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.)

22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any other ACA or NEOGEO game (non-Hamster).

23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title.

24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”)

25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long
    RiME

26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title.

27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.

29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.

30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game.

4/30

Num Category Description Game
1 Girl Power Complete a game where a main playable character is female Assassin’s Creed Bayou
2 Enough With The Zombies Complete a game that contains zombies Zombie Army Trilogy
3 Dropping A Deuce Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16)
4 I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title Ashen
5 I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality Complete a game that has a VR Port or version. Super Hot
6 Ornithology 101 Complete a game with a bird in the title. What Remains of Edith Finch
7 Mother Gaia Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth
8 Historical Context Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance) Assassin’s Creed
9 More Recent History Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000)
10 Now You Are Just Making Things Up Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond).
11 Devil Made Me Do It Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell Devil May Cry
12 The Leg Bone’s Connected To The Complete a game that contains a body part.
13 Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title
14 Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count)
15 Hack The Planet Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system. Hydrophobia
16 Backwards Compatibility IV Complete a backwards compatible game.
17 Self Gratifying Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character.
18 Punctual Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon) #Wargames
19 That’s A Grind Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time) Idle Champions
20 It’s Shorter This Way Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title.
21 The Hand You Were Dealt Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) Hand of Fate
22 Hamster Wheel Of Games Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game.
23 Y So Serious Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title.
24 It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) Big Crown Showdown
25 Short And Sweet Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) Fe
26 Of Course! Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title.
27 Prime Community Game Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players.
28 Enhanced Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced.
29 Don’t Repeat This Letter Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list.
30 Dealer’s Choice Complete any game

Xbox Exclusive means Console only or is a Play Anywhere exclusive OK?

Bring it on, looks more challenging!

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female - Life is Strange: Before The Storm
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies - The Walking Dead: Michonne (Win 10)
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16)
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version.
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title. - What Remains of Edith Finch
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title - Valley
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count)
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character. - Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title. - Don’t Sink
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) - Doodle God: Crime City
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game.
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title. - Energy Cycle Edge
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) - Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) - Storm Boy
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title. - Rock of Ages
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game. - Asemblance

I initially had “console” exclusive in the title, but realized that really limits it to old XBLA games and Kinect based titles. With some other exceptions.

I take it to be that it does not appear on any other console.

That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time)

This would mean the sum of base game plus any DLC’s and TU’s completion time estimates?
And I guess after summing you would get a range (e.g. 48-54 hours). So would the minimum or maximum in the range have to be >= 50

The median would be 50 + hrs.

I assume Hamster Wheel of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title won’t be extended to NEOGEO games published by SNK. You want strictly Hamster published games. I love your completion challenge, but I’m proud to not have an ACA NEOGEO series game on my tag yet. As this is likely the case, I will only go for a 29 game completion. Not like any of it matters.

For you, @Kingsman_2625 - I’ll make an exception.

I feel you Kingsman. I don’t have any ACA NEOGEO games, as they aren’t really my thing. I might have to shoot for just 29 as well.

My first (of probably many) questions: Does Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice work for number 5? I initially read it as a VR game ported to Xbox, but now I think it actually means an Xbox game ported to VR. Am I correct?

@Kingsman_2625 @Freamwhole
This funny because I am in the same boat. In fact I created this leaderboard last week (Sign up!)
https://www.trueachievements.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=7895

Perhaps Fream could change the requirements to just be any game with “ACA” or “NEO” in the title. :grin:

I can’t sign up, because I’ll play those games, but that would be a good compromise.

Thanks for making an exception for us ACA snobs :joy:

Not everyone may be aware that IronFistofSnuff is running a year long completion challenge over on TA. And you get a bonus if you complete Freamwhole’s challenge. Might as well do both, eh?

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamerblogcomment.aspx?gamerblogid=77117

Time to make a plan:

1. Girl Power - Complete a game where a main playable character is female - Celeste
  2. Enough With The Zombies - Complete a game that contains zombies - Dead Ahead: Zombie Warfare Z
  3. Dropping A Deuce - Complete a sequel that contains the number 2 in the title (number not word or roman numeral - note: this can be a sequel with a year like NBA 2k16) - The Evil Within 2
  4. I Promise There Are Xbox Exclusives - Complete an Xbox Exclusive Title - Doodle God: Crime City
  5. I’ll Take ACTUAL Reality - Complete a game that has a VR Port or version. - Transference
  6. Ornithology 101 - Complete a game with a bird in the title. - Owlboy
  7. Mother Gaia - Complete a game that takes place on planet Earth - Far Cry 4
  8. Historical Context - Complete a game that takes place in an ancient historical period (up to / and including the Renaissance) - AC Origins
  9. More Recent History - Complete a game that takes place in a more modern time frame (1700 - 2000) - LA Noire
  10. Now You Are Just Making Things Up - Complete a game that takes place in the far future (2077 or beyond). - SOMA
  11. Devil Made Me Do It - Complete a game that contains the Devil or a Demon from Hell - Gat out of Hell
  12. The Leg Bone’s Connected To The - Complete a game that contains a body part. - Oh My Godheads
  13. Yippie, Skippie! - Double Consonant - Complete a game that contains a double consonant in the title -Black Mirror
  14. Ooh, Goodie - Double Vowel - Complete a game that contains a double vowel (Roman numerals do NOT count) - The Gardens Between
  15. Hack The Planet - Complete a game that contains hacking into a computer system. - Agents of Mayhem
  16. Backwards Compatibility IV - Complete a backwards compatible game. - Gunstar
  17. Self Gratifying - Complete a game where the title contains the name of the main protagonist / playable character. - Tesla vs Lovecraft
  18. Punctual - Complete a game that contains weird punctuation (Any punctuation that is not a period, comma, or colon) - Jeopardy!
  19. That’s A Grind - Complete a game that takes at least 50 hours to complete (TrueAchievements suggested completion time) - Sword Coast Legends
  20. It’s Shorter This Way - Complete a game that contains an abbreviation or acronym in the title. - WWE 2K19
  21. The Hand You Were Dealt - Complete a game that features cards (playing cards, collectible cards, ability cards, etc.) - Flipping Death
  22. Hamster Wheel Of Games - Complete an ACA NEOGEO title or any Arcade Classic game. - ACA NEOGEO WORLD HEROES
  23. Y So Serious - Complete a game that contains two Y’s in the title. - Energy Cycle Edge
  24. It’s Not The Size Of The Game, But How Easy Is The Gamerscore - Complete a game that contains an adjective describing size (i.e. “Little”, “Big”, “Grand”, “Small”, “Tiny”) - Rock of Ages II: Bigger and Boulder
  25. Short And Sweet - Complete a game whose title is less than 10 letters long (letters only - numbers and punctuation do not count) - MechaNika
  26. Of Course! - Complete a game that contains the standalone word “OF” in the title. - South Park: The Stick of Truth
  27. Prime Community Game - Complete a game that contains a co-op mode for more than two players. - The Jackbox Party Pack 5
  28. Enhanced - Complete a game that is X1X Enhanced. - Donut County
  29. Don’t Repeat This Letter - Complete a game whose title starts with a different letter than any other title on your list. - Human Fall Flat
  30. Dealer’s Choice - Complete any game. - Agents vs Villain
    10/30

For Don’t Repeat This Letter, are we counting articles? I.e. Is The Assembly a T or an A?

I think he wants us to finish diablo and get the band back together…