Discord Chat Server for Zed to Zed

Hi there,

Many of you are probably already familiar with Discord, but if you’re not:

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

I’ve been using Discord for a number of groups related to Elite: Dangerous, and it is actually pretty awesome. I’ve actually already set up a test server for Zed to Zed, but before opening it up the the public I wanted to gauge the interest level in such a beast here.

So, let me know what you think: would having a dedicated text and voice chat server for Zed to Zed folks be interesting/useful? If you’ve used Discord before, what are your thoughts on it?

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Cheers! :sunglasses:

Edit: Server is now public: Zed to Zed Discord Server

Sounds like a good, idea, would be especially good when you need people to fill up a game lobby at short notice, etc.

I’m hanging out in there now.

I’ll pretty much keep it open all day at work, so no mic, but if I’m not in the lab - I should be checking out the chat.

Never used it but it sounds like a great idea for spur of the moment boosting or random gaming sessions.

It’s ok but make sure to turn off notifications if you don’t want your phone going off 24/7 especially with people around the globe like UK/AUS :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I set the server notifications to default to @mentions only, so this shouldn’t be an issue with Zed, but I’ve certainly seen it with other servers.

Most phones let you set a Do Not Disturb period though these days, right?

Ok, let’s fire it up and see what happens. Here’s the server link for people interested:

Zed to Zed Discord Server

Hope to see you there!

Where is everybody! We need more bodies!

Need a new code, this one is expired.

The original one has been retired, however Freamwhole runs a personal one that most people have migrated to: https://discord.me/freamwhole