Zed to Zed Podcast Presents…
The 4th Annual Great Random To Do List Challenge
The wildly popular contest hosted by Facial La Fleur for the last three years is back with a new twist. He is taking the year off, so Zed to Zed has stepped up to cover for him.
The Random To Do List Challenge of old would use the TA “Add Random Achievement to the To Do List” functionality, players would get a randomly generated list of 100 achievements to work on over the year. There were great prizes throughout the year and the grand prizes at the end of the year. There were always a lot of sign ups and good progress for the first month or two, but then things fell to a trickle once the list became more challenging. It was a lot of fun, but after the initial push – participants tended to lose interest and only a dedicated few could really get this list down (and only one person to ever complete it)
So what is Zed To Zed Podcast going to do about this year’s contest? Here is the plan:
Each player gets a random list of 25 achievements per month to work on. The achievements will be randomly selected, but we are selecting the achievements from ratio blocks (see more details below). At the end of the month – the current list is wiped out and a new one is generated. This means that you will see 300 achievements over the course of the year.
The list of achievements can be found on the master spreadsheet (Google Drive).
Pro-tip: to get to your list of achievements quickly, select your name via the sheet selector, as shown here:
As people unlock achievements, they will be automatically scanned in to the spreadsheet and updates will be posted HERE.
Achievements will selected from games listed in your TrueAchievements game collection based on the following criteria:
- Games with a status of anything except Done with, and:
- Games with an ownership status of Owned or Games with Gold
Achievements will not be selected from DLC, title updates, or those flagged as discontinued, unobtainable, partially discontinued or unobtainable, or leaderboard required (TruSkill).
You must maintain an achievement list of “locked” possible picks of at least 500 throughout the competition. This will ensure an appropriate pool of achievements to pull from as well as curb those unscrupulous hunters stacking their lists.
Each month will start on the 1st of the month at midnight UTC (Universal Co-ordinated Time)
Each participant will have 25 random achievements selected from their available pool. The aim is to give a spread of achievement difficulties.
Achievements will be sorted by TA ratio from low to high and selected from the following criteria:
- 12 achievements from the lowest 50%
- 9 achievements from between 50% and 75%
- 3 achievements from between 75% and 95%, and;
- 1 achievement from the top 5%, for a total of 25.
- Each achievement will be worth a standardized 100 GS and be multiplied by the end of month TA ratio. For example, 1.00 TA Ratio is worth 100 points; 1.25 TA Ratio is worth 125 points; etc
- Points are finalized at the end of the month.
- The final ratio at the end of the month will be the final score for that achievement.
- Points are locked each month, so the changing TA Ratio over time only matters for the month the achievement is unlocked – after that, the points on the leaderboard become static.
- We will be tracking monthly and yearly leaderboards once the full contest starts.
Prizes and Entries
- 1 Grand Prize: Most points scored for 12 months – TBD
- 2 Runners Up: 2nd and 3rd Most points scored for 12 months – TBD
- 12 Monthly Winners: Name drawn from a random pool of participants each month - TBD
- 1 entry per achievement unlocked
- 5 Bonus entries for unlocking all 25 achievements in one month
- The “Century Club” – unlocking 100 achievements throughout the contest puts your name into a drawing
- Double Deuce – unlocking 200 achievements throughout the contest puts your name into a drawing
- Month Long Warrior – unlock all 25 achievements in one month puts your name into a drawing
- Others TBD
- Xbox LIVE Gamertag with at least 10,000 GamerScore
- Have a TrueAchievements account in good standing.
- Be a member of the Zed to Zed Forums
- Players that fail to unlock a single achievement within the month from their list will be removed from the list generator. They are free to rejoin at a later time.
That’s all great but how do I join this crazy thing?
I’m so glad you asked! You can join at any time by simply posting in this thread with your gamertag.
It is highly recommended that you go over to TrueAchievements.com and update your Game Collection:
You can edit the status of games by clicking on it’s boxart image when in Image View:
Or on the Edit button on the far right in List View:
Set the Ownership value as appropriate (usually “No longer have”) or set the Play status to “Done with” to avoid having achievements from that game selected.
You can also add games you have not started yet to your collection by going to the game page itself and selecting “Add to my Game Collection” from the Game drop-down menu:
I have an achievement in my list that I don’t want!
Don’t panic! We will reroll achievements in certain circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Any Windows Phone of Windows 8 App achievement can be rerolled as these platforms are particularly flaky and can bug out or simply be wiped or lost. Additionally, many of these achievements are so ridiculously grindy that nobody in their right mind wants to do them. For the sanity of the organizers though, please remove these games from your collection if they are selected and you need them rerolled. Tarragon can get cranky if he has to reroll the same achievement multiple times.
- You are new to the contest and didn’t understand how the TrueAchievements Game Collection worked
- An achievement has subsequently been flagged discontinued, unobtainable or PDU since it was selected.
- An honest mistake was made when adding a game to your game collection, for example you added the wrong regional version of a particular title.
- Other reasons at the discretion of the organizers.