ENDED - The Random To Do List Challenge - Season 2017 T3

Ugh I was pretty sure I got it on time. I always figured cutoff wasn’t official, and as long as the list was still up, you do one more manual scan before making the new list. Maybe a countdown clock is in order :stuck_out_tongue:

Here: RTDL

Rerolled.

Rerolled.

You didn’t; cutoff is official; I don’t do a manual scan before running new lists unless there’s been some kind of scanning failure in the last hour; you can work out how to make a UTC clock on your own.

I’ve been having a hard time pushing myself to get specific achievements last month. Maybe with my holidays coming up I can try harder. Can I get another list, please?

I figured it out. I’m used to an 8PM EST cutoff, but the clocks changed in November so it became 7PM EST. So with that said, I did pop the achievement after cutoff. My bone of contention is that I never thought the cutoff was strict. I thought it happened whenever you decided to do the new list for the new month. As in, this not an automated stoppage, it’s you pushing a button.

There have been months you got us a new list in an hour. There have been months where it took several hours.This particular list was generated late on November 1. If I work from 9-5, it means that the entire last day, I can’t try for any achievements. This is completely fair if we get the list an hour or two later so we can start working on it. And you never communicated to us when or if a new list would be even happening in December, as you no longer talk to us in discord. Am I wrong in thinking this cutoff has never been strictly enforced before, and that you do a manual scan right before generating a new list?

PS. I am fully aware you go out of your way to bust your ass to make this happen, and I don’t want to sound ungrateful. Now I know that there’s a super strict cutoff, I’ll be more aware of it.

Thank you for your time.

PS These lists say 2016 when they should say 2017.

Hey spaceman i was wondering if you had some spare time if it was possible to get a re-roll for https://www.trueachievements.com/a40528/endurance-achievement
The game is delisted/removed from the microsoft store and there is no way for me to download it,thanks for your time.

[quote=“BigEll, post:170, topic:667, full:true”]
I figured it out. I’m used to an 8PM EST cutoff, but the clocks changed in November so it became 7PM EST. So with that said, I did pop the achievement after cutoff. My bone of contention is that I never thought the cutoff was strict. I thought it happened whenever you decided to do the new list for the new month. As in, this not an automated stoppage, it’s you pushing a button.

There have been months you got us a new list in an hour. There have been months where it took several hours.This particular list was generated late on November 1. If I work from 9-5, it means that the entire last day, I can’t try for any achievements. This is completely fair if we get the list an hour or two later so we can start working on it. And you never communicated to us when or if a new list would be even happening in December, as you no longer talk to us in discord. Am I wrong in thinking this cutoff has never been strictly enforced before, and that you do a manual scan right before generating a new list?[/quote]

Well, simply, you’re wrong. There was one period, and to my recollection, only one period, where I had issues with the scans and setting up the new month, and I stated at the time that I would allow people to keep working on their old lists. That was one month out of almost 16 months, where otherwise achievements need to be earned during the month.

Except for that one instance and last month’s where I realised the scanner had hit the wrong month due to a small timing issue with the automation, I do not do a manual scan before generating new lists.

I’ll point out that everybody gets their lists at the same time, whether I generate them late or not. If the timing doesn’t work out for you in particular, well, stiff. That’s the way the world rotates, timezones being what they are. It’s always going to inconvenience someone.

You know, if the situation were reversed and I were giving an achievement to another player that they earned after cutoff, I am almost certain you would be the first person jumping up and down calling foul.

The cutoff is final. If due to circumstances I choose to extend the cutoff, you will be told about it, otherwise, the cutoff is final.

Recent circumstances are not making me feel particularly charitable to this community, nor to you in particular, so frankly, you’re not getting any quarter here. You fucked up your timezones, that’s on you. Deal with it.

:thinking: I have an install of it, and I’m pretty sure you can just take the install and play the game without needing to re-download it directly… Send me a PM if you’d like a copy, otherwise I’ll re-roll for you.

If you’re not too busy, I’d love a December list. Previous UHH finally got me to curate my whole collection. No more dead weight. :relieved:

Thank you for your time.

Hi!
May I have a random to do list?
I don’t mind waiting until January.
Have a nice day!

Here you go: RTDL

Hello. monkeybottles would like to join. I was led to this contest by my friend, MightyMango.