Mentioned on Episode 36 of the Podcast - September 2016’s Gamertag Challenge is:
They will be celebrating their 7 year TA-Anniversary.
- Contest starts at Midnight UTC on the first day of the month.
- Contest ends at Midnight UTC on the last day of the month.
- You need to unlock an achievement for each letter of the gamertag for the month. Each gamertag completed in this way grants entry into the draw for the month.
- The game title each achievement is from must begin with the the corresponding letter in the gamertag, or otherwise qualify as noted below.
- The official game title from TrueAchievements will be used in all cases.
- You must supply links with gamerid to the achievements you’ve unlocked. The easiest place to get these links from is your personal My Achievements page on TrueAchievements.
- Achievements must be online and timestamped within the contest period.
- Each achievement within a gamertag must come from different games. A “stack” is considered a different game. Games may be shared across gamertags on months that have multiple gamertags, but the achievements must be unique.
- You must be a member of the forum! Obviously, you all see this and are members, but if you share with friends outside of the site, they must join to participate.
- A player with a qualifying entry that has no substitutions will get 10 entries in the draw for that gamertag.
- A player with a qualifying entry that uses at least one substitution (detailed below) will get 1 entry in the draw for that gamertag.
Special Matching Rules
- Games that begin with the words The, A or An: Ignore this word and use the next word instead. Examples: “A World of Keflings” would qualify for the letter W, not the letter A; “The Orange Box” would qualify as O and not T.
- Non-alphanumeric characters in a game title will be ignored. This means that hyphens, underscores, spaces or any other non-alphanumeric character is simply treated as if they don’t exist. For example, this means that #IDARB is treated as beginning with I for this contest.
- Numbers: to match a number in a gamertag, the game title must have a number anywhere within the title. For example, an achievement from “FIFA 14” would match any number in a gamertag.
- The letters E, I, J, O, Q, U, V, X, Y, and Z, and only these letters, may be substituted with any other letter as long as that game used to unlock that letter hasn’t already been used. Using substitutions grant less entries in the contest as detailed below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The name of the achievement does not need to begin with one of the listed letters.
- The rationale behind skipping A, An and The in game titles: A and T are overrepresented in game titles, and skipping the English common articles gives more access to some of the rarer letters.
- The rationale behind the number rule is there simply isn’t enough games beginning with numbers to make it viable using the normal rules.
- The TrueAchievement platform information such as “(Win 8)” do not count as part of the game title.
- Roman numerals do not count for digits, but do count for I, V, M, D etc where this is applicable.
- Achievements are achievements: challenge achievements and achievements from Xbox One applications may be used for this contest assuming they qualify in all other respects.
- The substitution rule was created to acknowledge that the lowest frequency letters, individually representing less than 2% of all game titles available, can be tricky for some players to obtain and we wanted to allow everyone to have a chance to compete.
- A player that enters using substitutions may upgrade their entry to a full one later.
- Use your main tag.
- No "game saving, profile hacking, or cheating of any form.
Anyone caught doing the above may be permanently banned from this contest (and possibly this forum).
Example of how to qualify
Using the gamertag “Zed To Zed” as an example, unlock a single achievement in each of these games:
Z - Zombi
E - Escape From Dead Island
D - Dead Rising
T - Two Worlds
O - Orange Box, The
Z - Zombie Driver HD
E - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The
D - Dying Light
(I realize all of the above games have zombies in them - that is not a pre-requisite, I just like Zombies)
I’ve got a $10 MS Code as a prize for this, so get unlocking!
spankynspronkle - 20
Kooshmoose - 20
planting42 - 20
Buckmarley155 - 20
Matrarch - 20
CSGeekSquad - 20
Big Ell - 20
MitRialb - 20
Xtowers - 20
doughboyee - 10
Cer3bra1asassin - 20
Mightymango - 20
SaucySlingo - 20
Kunzite508 - 20
Grug - 20
angelsk - 20
Spazpol - 20
mseweryn - 20
zzUrbanSpaceman - 20
LordChabelo13 - 2
Posty - 20
MclovinLegend1 - 10
Stushniken - 20
mattism - 10
Freamwhole - 20