So this was the question posed on Episode 86 regarding my Year 2020 predictions.
The basis for it came from a website (now defunct) called Long Bets. Essentially, it was a group of people that would make long term claims (with support) that people could refute. To make things interesting, you would donate money to the other person’s charity of choice if you lost. They range from sports, to business, to science, to end of the world predictions - good stuff if you are interested.
But I was thinking about that in terms of gaming - things that we come to assume will happen about the longer term nature of the gaming industry. I put together a list of 28 things that hopefully make you contemplate for more than a second.
Do you believe the following will be announced / released by the end of 2020?
- First Person Halo game without Master Chief – specifically called “HALO” in some fashion
- A Non-Horizon / Non-Motorsport Forza game
- Destiny 3
- Telltale Walking Dead Game – not a Clementine story
- Minecraft 2
- A traditional Fable RPG
- 4 New Assassin’s Creed Games (Origins, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- A “Modern Warfare” era Call Of Duty
- A Call of Duty set before WW1
- Far Cry 6
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – Part 1
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – Part 2
- Final Fantasy VII Remake – Part 3
- Grand Theft Auto 6
- Elder Scrolls 6
- Fallout 5
- A New Mass Effect Game
- Left 4 Dead 3
- Dead Rising 5
- Batman Arkham Type Game
- Resident Evil 8
- Final Fantasy 16
- Witcher 4
- Overwatch 2
- Titanfall 3
- Mario or Link on Xbox
- More Than 100 ACA NEOGEO titles (currently 28 on Xbox - 55 on PS4 - 148 exist)
- Kingdom Hearts 3 and South Park: The Fractured But Whole