Podcast Review 8/10/16 by Big Ell!

Review of Podcast 8/10/16 – An Ode to Tarragon

Tarragon is back! Yay! Was great to hear your voice again! Nice swerve on sticking around with Fream as well. However, for some reason, your voice was very low in the talk with Fream! Either that, or Fream was very loud…

Interview with Rich - The talk with Rich was pretty awesome. I wish I would have seen the forums before the interview so you could have asked him the question I’ve always wanted to ask him. “How can you call yourself a gamer if you’ve never played a Mario or Zelda game?” Did you notice when he listed off his systems, none of them were Nintendo systems? Great job overall, and I laughed whenever Jo would geek out or get nervous. So I laughed a lot.

Shovelware Cemetary – Damien talking to himself for 20 minutes is EXACTLY like having a phone call with him. He does not shut up for two seconds. I did enjoy that he didn’t gush over Inside the way everyone else does. This seems to in some part have to do with the $20 price tag, so I appreciate a man who is as frugal as I am. I’m sure the game will be on sale at some point, like every other game eventually is.

PS – Tarragon, whenever I see your gamertag, I laugh. What’s the “urban” part come from anyway? The mean streets of Australia?

PRETTTTY sure in New York we have a different definition of that word. A part of town where I have to watch my purse to make sure nobody snatches it. Uhm. Not that I carry a purse. Right. Uhm. whistles

Yay, the end of the podcast! My favorite part is coming! Outtakes!!!..uhm…… :confused: Worst. Episode. Ever.

Which is typical.

I’ll mention it on the recording tonight, but this interview was real nerdy and I loved it.

I don’t think Damien “gets it” - although I think Tarragon is a little on the same boat. I very much enjoyed the game and the theories that have developed. It is awesome.

I loved the nerdy talk on all that goes into True Achievements. I’ll probably listen to it at least one more time.

[quote=“BigEll, post:1, topic:143”]
Review of Podcast 8/10/16 – An Ode to Tarragon

Tarragon is back! Yay! Was great to hear your voice again! Nice swerve on sticking around with Fream as well. However, for some reason, your voice was very low in the talk with Fream! Either that, or Fream was very loud…[/quote]

Glad to be back, at least temporarily! :smiley: I plan to try and do one show a month, and in fact I just finished up recording episode 35, so you’ll have an almost full episode with me on it. :dancer:

As for the audio levels for that part of the recording - totally my fault. I actually recorded that segment during my lunch break at work, on my work computer, and I’d never used it to record before so I hadn’t set up all the levels properly. I tried boosting my levels during post-production but obviously not enough. Sorry about that!

Glad you liked it! I figured that going a bit deeper into the technical side was going to be fine as, well, both Jo and myself have technical backgrounds, and any other podcast Rich is on probably wouldn’t delve into it. And we had a direct question about more technical matters here too, so thanks!

We’ll go into our personal game histories a bit in episode 35 so I won’t tell you my own history with Nintendo (or lack thereof). :wink: I’m certain we’ll have Rich on the show again at some point so we will pose that question to him then.

We actually got a review copy of Inside - so the price point didn’t even occur to me until I listened to @Spazpol’s take on it. I agree completely. In Australia the price point is about $25 or $30 AUD, which is pretty expensive for a game of that type, and was the primary reason I didn’t just buy it outright on day one. Great game, but very short for the money.

[quote=“BigEll, post:1, topic:143”]PS – Tarragon, whenever I see your gamertag, I laugh. What’s the “urban” part come from anyway? The mean streets of Australia?

PRETTTTY sure in New York we have a different definition of that word. A part of town where I have to watch my purse to make sure nobody snatches it. Uhm. Not that I carry a purse. Right. Uhm. whistles[/quote]

I’m surprised you haven’t heard about the origin of my gamertag before! I go into some detail here:

I know about the slang meaning of “urban”, but that’s certainly not where it comes from. No, turns out I’m just a weirdo.

There wasn’t much to use and of that stuff it wasn’t very interesting; that and I was running severely late with the show and was still finishing off the editing right up until publication, so sadly, no outtakes. This week should have a few great ones, and I have a @BigEll special lined up too. :wink:

Great episode. Great to hear zz again (yes, he was too quiet for the first part). Fream did a great job. He can really carry a show all by himself when needed. Not easy to do!
Really enjoyed the interview with Rich. Thanks, T & J. (Did a blog post http://www.trueachievements.com/gamerblogcomment.aspx?gamerblogid=68274)
Damien did a good job quickly running thru the 3 games touching on the important points.
Crazy to hear him say Action News Heroes gets sanctuary and Inside purgatory. Bold move! But he explained it well.
Action News has 1.7 starts on TA. Yeah, not touching that one.
Mostly want to say thanks for the podcast a keep it up!

hashtag geek :slight_smile:
glad you liked it